middle of night "Sorry, I don't understand"

• 4 January 2022
  • 28 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

OK, i will try that. it happens often, and wakes all of us up (sometimes the new baby as well. you can imagine my wife is not happy.)

we dont have Alexa, just google.  it only plays this notification on the speaker that is playing something, and we do not group our speakers.

Ah okay, well if it does ever happen again,  I sincerely hope the Sonos Support Staff can get to the root cause of the issue for you quickly, but they will likely need to see what the diagnostic report says. 

Userlevel 1

OK, i will try that. it happens often, and wakes all of us up (sometimes the new baby as well. you can imagine my wife is not happy.)

we dont have Alexa, just google.  it only plays this notification on the speaker that is playing something, and we do not group our speakers.

If it happens again, try to submit a Sonos Diagnostic Report within 20 minutes of the event and note it’s reference, then at a far more convenient time, contact/chat to Sonos Support via this LINK to establish the cause and how to resolve the issue.

I personally suspect it’s related to Amazon Alexa ‘enabled’ Groups (as that might explain the Mic being switched ‘off’ on the speaker) and the other assistant devices in the Home, but perhaps see what the diagnostic reveals. HTH.