Tips & Tricks

Helpful tips for making the Google Assistant work with Sonos

Helpful tips for making the Google Assistant work with Sonos

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

I am also having problems and it's asking me to link all my speakers to my email account, they are all linked but it's not working.. my email address is the same in both google home and SONOS.. help..
  1. Do you see your Sonos speakers in the Google Home App? Are they installed in your various rooms? If not, then install the Sonos Device/Skill and let the Google Assistant scan for all your Sonos devices.
  2. It’s also worth checking that your language settings in the GA/GH App is set to English (United States).
  3. Set a default music service in the Google App ... the same music service account should also be installed in the Sonos App.
  4. Goto the Sonos App “Room Settings” for either a Sonos One, or Beam, and ensure under the section entitled “Voice Services” that you have the Google Assistant Service installed, if not then add the voice service.
Then see if the voice instructions will work for you.
I am also having problems and it's asking me to link all my speakers to my email account, they are all linked but it's not working.. my email address is the same in both google home and SONOS.. help..
I now have it working after a reboot of my router
Thanks Ryan. I'm having trouble getting the assistant working on my Sonos One. I have linked Sonos and Google assistant, my Sonos One and my Play:1s show in the Home app, and I can play through the Sonos speakers using the assistant on my phone, however I get no devices found when trying to get the voice assistant working. I only have one Google account (and this is showing in the accounts settings), and have confirmed that that account is being used by the home app, so any idea on what else I can try? Is there anyway on the Sonos side I can see the linked accounts, as I can see it in the home app

Thanks