Answered

Google Assistent still not working for Spotify

• 3 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I use Spotify (premium sub) through Google Assistant and it hasn't been working for months. 

Telling me to use the app is ridiculously unacceptable. I bought the roam for it's integration with Google as I'm not always at home and my kids like to use the roam to play music too.

When can we expect this to be fixed? I've updated the firmware and tried re signing into Google. A number of times. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 June 2023, 00:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It has been working for me an there’s no mention on https://status.sonos.com. Nor has there been an influx of mentions here. Could it be your system only?

It hasn't worked for about 3 months. I've tried to reconnect the service and all sorts. I'm at the point where I'm going to nuke my account and try again. Incredibly frustrating 

Why not call Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Ive found that saying

" play the album blood sugar sex magik" 

works far better than saying.

" play blood sugar sex magik on Spotify " 

Very often when mentioning Spotify in a command Sonos/google fails for me. 

No idea if this was helpful for you but maybe it will make things smoother for someone 

I use Spotify (premium sub) through Google Assistant and it hasn't been working for months. 

Telling me to use the app is ridiculously unacceptable. I bought the roam for it's integration with Google as I'm not always at home and my kids like to use the roam to play music too.

When can we expect this to be fixed? I've updated the firmware and tried re signing into Google. A number of times. 

I took am running into this same problem. Try to installing Spotify. Tried rebooting my move. Not sure what the problem is.

Also saw that you got unhelpful responses from people on here-"seems like there aren't other people having this issue..." Read something is wrong with you. -Not helpful- sorry you got that response.