Answered

Error message when adding Google Assistant "Not Available in your country"

• 21 May 2019
  • 9 replies

I am located in the USA and I get the error saying its not available however a few days prior it would allow me to add the service but I never completed the setup. Am I missing something here? Don't see a location or language setting that would now cause this error.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 31 May 2019, 19:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I’m in the UK and getting the same
Same here...sonos has alreday a negative taste considering how buggy they are...
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, Google Assistant is only available on Sonos in the US at the moment. There are several countries where it'll be expanding to in the near future, as soon as July. There's a page here that'll show where it's available. You can also sign up to be notified when it goes live.

If you are in a supported country and Google Assistant is not showing up or you're having trouble setting it up, there are some suggestions on this thread here along with this page on our support site.
I am located in the USA and I get the error saying its not available however a few days prior it would allow me to add the service but I never completed the setup. Am I missing something here? Don't see a location or language setting that would now cause this error.
Ryan,

Please read my post before submitting an answer. I am located in the US where this capability is available. As a community manager I would have assumed you would be more insightful and give better steps to resolve my issue. Fortunately I was savvy enough to figure out a work around to get mine working but it would have been nice if Sonos could have provided a better solution.

For those with the same issue here are things to check:
  1. Make sure your Sono's account are updated with your correct address in the available country.
  2. Make sure your google account has the right country
  3. When the app takes you to google assistant and it fails, click on the icon to take you to safari and log into your google account there.
  4. once successfully logged in on safari return to the Sonos app and retry the process
  5. If the above fails try uninstalling google assistant and starting the process again
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for sharing @brobbin, glad you're all set now. My apologies, I was checking countries and the other two people in this thread aren't in the US, I somehow missed that you were. Those are great steps to help if you are in a supported country and it's not showing up or allowing you to set up the service somehow. I'll update the answer so it's more applicable to everyone, and people who might find this page in the future.

I've got a thread here with some of those as well which might help others. And there's also another page on our support site with some suggestions.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

How do we bypass the block? I’ve got a new Move and am located in New Zealand. We’ve had Google Assistant for quite some time and that was a compelling reason for getting the move. Do I need to VPN or Georedirect some DNS to get around this? What is the possible reason for geoblocking the service?

I have a pair of One SL and I also got the "Not Available in your country" error when adding Sonos to Google Home app. 

I live in Thailand and have been using Google Home and Home Mini for years without any issues. 

Why is Sonos blocking its users from streaming via Google Home?? I find this ridiculous. 

Anyway, I have set my Sonos profile to be United States but still getting the same error. I think I have to set my Google profile to US too but don't know where. 

If anyone knows where exactly to set the country and makes streaming via Google Home works and can share it here, a lot of us would appreciate it. 

Update: There's no need to change your address on Google. Just change on Sonos profile is enough. But what you need to do after updating your country is to "clear storage" from Sonos app (I'm using Android phone) and login again. From there, the "Add voice service" option will be available. I can now tell Google Assistant from my phone, Google Home/Home Mini to play music from Spotify :)

Badge

Hello,

Seems logic to work :D
I have been searching how to change my adress on Sonos app but I cannot find this setting.
Can anyone help please? I appreciate.

I have a pair of One SL and I also got the "Not Available in your country" error when adding Sonos to Google Home app. 

I live in Thailand and have been using Google Home and Home Mini for years without any issues. 

Why is Sonos blocking its users from streaming via Google Home?? I find this ridiculous. 

Anyway, I have set my Sonos profile to be United States but still getting the same error. I think I have to set my Google profile to US too but don't know where. 

If anyone knows where exactly to set the country and makes streaming via Google Home works and can share it here, a lot of us would appreciate it. 

Update: There's no need to change your address on Google. Just change on Sonos profile is enough. But what you need to do after updating your country is to "clear storage" from Sonos app (I'm using Android phone) and login again. From there, the "Add voice service" option will be available. I can now tell Google Assistant from my phone, Google Home/Home Mini to play music from Spotify :)

I did that last part and was excited that the ‘add voice service’ option was available - but then it took me to the google home app and I ran into the same ‘not available in your country’ error after signing in to sonos there.

For context, I normally live in the UK but am spending the summer in HK where I bought a Sonos; I initially set my account region to HK but subsequently changed it to the UK, to no avail.