Answered

Sonos unable to play podcasts imported from Google podcasts to You Tube Music library

• 12 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Google is closing Google Podcasts April, 2024. Google suggests moving your podcast subscriptions to You Tube Music. So I did.
Now, my podcasts are in my You Tube Music library, and I can play them from there. The podcasts also show up in YTM library on the Sonos app. But the Sonos app can not play them. When I try to play one, the Sonos app balks, and a slide-up message says “Unable to play [name of podcast episode] -the connection to You Tube Music was lost.” 
Other YTM  items - songs, playlists, etc., play through fine. And Sonos plays podcasts which were added to my YTM library from within YTM. Only the podcasts imported from Google Podcasts to my YTM library are affected. I suspect this is a Google problem, although it is unclear why the podcasts play in YTM but not in Sonos. Any insights?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 13 February 2024, 15:42

View original

3 replies

Not sure what a ’premium member’ means, is that in reference to YouTube, or in reference to Sonos? More importantly, what did Sonos Support say, when you contacted them?

Google is closing Google Podcasts April, 2024. Google suggests moving your podcast subscriptions to You Tube Music. So I did.
Now, my podcasts are in my You Tube Music library, and I can play them from there. The podcasts also show up in YTM library on the Sonos app. But the Sonos app can not play them. When I try to play one, the Sonos app balks, and a slide-up message says “Unable to play [name of podcast episode] -the connection to You Tube Music was lost.” 
Other YTM  items - songs, playlists, etc., play through fine. And Sonos plays podcasts which were added to my YTM library from within YTM. Only the podcasts imported from Google Podcasts to my YTM library are affected. I suspect this is a Google problem, although it is unclear why the podcasts play in YTM but not in Sonos. Any insights?

I have exactly the same problem. Premium member from Norway 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @verivali,

I’ve seen another user mention a similar issue, which I raised with our internal team. After a quick test, they are able to play Podcasts from YTM, so this may be another issue or it could be with specific YTM music accounts or a regional issue.

I would recommend reaching out to our support team for further testing and troubleshooting, as they have tools available to look into your system to see why Podcasts aren’t playing.

I hope this helps!