New Sonos App - Community AMA Recap

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mike R H

I see the recap - understand you’ll be under time pressure. Appreciate you have put up a post. 

Given that there wasn’t really much in the way of substantive answers. 

Will you be putting together a list of all the actual questions? i.e. the majority, unanswered. Whereby Tucker, as product manager can work his way through them and give actual definitive answers.

I think it reasonable. Simply saying feedback has been passed to the teams isn’t going to cut it at this point. 

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Mike R H

I see the recap - understand you’ll be under time pressure. Appreciate you have put up a post. 

Will you be putting together a list of all the actual questions? Whereby Tucker, as product manager can work his way through them and give actual definitive answers.

I think it reasonable. Simply saying feedback has been passed to the teams isn’t going to cut it at this point. 

That's a reasonable and respectful request. As a music lover who is totally ignorant on IT matters I was hoping for answers. Like many thousands of others I have been let down. Again. I simply want my system with all functionality back and therefore my music and day to day life back. The AMA achieved nothing.

Rollback now.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I don't have time to find the original post now, but I am particularly looking forward to a response to the one about a web login to our music systems now being exposed - reference to 2FA, MFA

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Please Sonos Management revert to the old app until the functionality of the new one is on par with the old.  That means ALL the functions unless they have been replaced with alternatives.  The longer this goes on the more customers you will lose.

I did not see to many criticism of the new app style itself, and I dare say once being used for a few days it would come as second nature and even be considered as better.  But instead it is tarnished by the loss of basic essential feature to enable customers to enjoy using their speakers.  It has driven me to Airplay music stored on my iPhone in order to create and listen to playlists, for example.  The queur function and the ability to skip lists by use of an alphabet list are all gone and these are tools that frequent users will miss.  It is still bewildering that functions Sonos have had for years, and what I like so much about the system, are gone!

You have this excellent forum of experienced and vocal users giving unanimous feedback.  Please listen, we want Sonos to prosper and grow as much as the company employees.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Mike R H

Will you be putting together a list of all the actual questions? i.e. the majority, unanswered. Whereby Tucker, as product manager can work his way through them and give actual definitive answers.

I think it should have been @Mike R. H. 

Userlevel 2

Add Subsonic integration to the list of items not addressed even once in the AMA. It was ripped out without a single warning, leaving my local library of 69,000 tracks stranded.

The new app is potato.

Like, REALLY potato.

please take it away.

Absolutely rubbish upgrade, not really an upgrade does not work! I have a Beam which is only used for a television but is the only device that the new Sonos plays on! Multiple attempts will finally result in the music playing  on our paired Play 5s + Sub and Move. I dare not try to do anything for fear that the Arc which is our main television sound starts misbehaving. This is a crock of shit and not fit for purpose I’m looking for alternative controllers any suggestions?

Move, Boost, Beam, Arc, 2x Play 5 s paired and Sub

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Starlight,

there is a good alternative called Sonophone for iOS users

You people should all be FIRED! My S2 connect amp is now a useless brick with multiple disconnects after this update. My newer amps work, but with limited functionality. Spent thousands of dollars on your products that worked great for years and then you m***ns come along and destroyed it all!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Starlight,

there is a good alternative called Sonophone for iOS users

And that guy who sells SonoPhone is the only one happy about the new Sonos app! 😄  And good for him - at least his app works.

Userlevel 1

Will the 3 ppl who presented at this event be fired?  They should be. 

When will the new app be fixed??

So frustrating!!

I love your products, but the new app is making me crazy!  The old one worked great!!!!

One example: I start music with Alexa. Music is playing. I open the app and it doesn't show any music playing, so you can't adjust the volume. 

So frustrating!!

I love your products, but the new app is making me crazy!  The old one worked great!!!!

One example: I start music with Alexa. Music is playing. I open the app and it doesn't show any music playing, so you can't adjust the volume. 

It initially sounds like your App/Controller device is having a multicast discovery issue - there can be a good many reasons for that.

In my own case, if I start music with Alexa and open the App, the playing music shows on the room almost straightaway.

It shows on the ‘now playing’ screen when I start music within the App too. See attached (starting music playback whilst in the App)….

So frustrating!!

Try another app, like the Sonos desktop and see if it works there.

Many people having these issues and for some the simple fix is using an alternative to the buggy POS new app.