Answered

Sonos ERA 300 disconnects from Spotify after pausing music

• 24 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hey all,

Recently purchased my first piece of Sonos kit (ERA 300) and absolutely loving the sound quality but i am having one issue that I am hoping the community can help with.

When I play music from my Spotify iPhone app to the ERA 300 via Wi-Fi (good quality internet connection) it connects quickly however sometimes when I pause the music for 10 minutes or more the connection between Spotify and the speaker drops. Meaning I have to re connect my phone to the speaker device again.

Does anyone know how I keep the connection active after pausing the music for a period of time or is there some default auto disconnect setting I may not be aware of ? I did read somewhere that my wi-fi could be automatically switching channels and causing the issue but im not sure...

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 November 2023, 02:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

After a few minutes of the speaker not receiving an audio signal, the speaker goes into an idle mode to consume less electricity. So I am guessing this causes you to lose your Spotify Connect connection on your phone. The only way to keep the connection active is to not allow the speaker to go idle.