Answered

Music starts playing after shutting down the system

• 31 March 2024
  • 3 replies

My system has started randomly playing different speakers after they have all been shutdown. It may start one on a porch or it might start several. I just shutdown all music to all speakers and verified they were stopped and it randomly started one back again after a few minutes. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 31 March 2024, 16:53

View original

3 replies

@TOrihuela,

Quite possibly it’s a Spotify ‘connect’ session that you have ‘perhaps’ left open on the Speaker(s) be sure to end its session to stop it calling/sending from the source device to the Sonos API. 

See example screenshot.

Thats assuming you’re using Spotify App linked through to your Sonos devices over the local network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What source where you using?

That was most likely what happened. It has not happened again as I have been using Sonos Radio. Spotify does not play well for whatever reason. It will play fine, but when a commercial comes on it will either play through it like it should, or it will just stop and I have to pause it then press play again to get it going. I have noticed this same behavior when using a Firestick. This makes me think the Spotify app is bad…