Answered

Music Library does not index foreign language files and folders

• 11 October 2021
  • 2 replies

I have files and folders with Korean in the names. When I add the music library and re-index, it only finds songs with English names only. Is there any way that Sonos music library indexes foreign language support (e.g. UTF-8)

Or, I have Synology NAS with built in media server. I read that DLNA is not officially supported by Sonos but if there is anyone who uses DLNA to play music from NAS library?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 12 October 2021, 08:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Make sure you are running the latest Sonos software, 13.3 or newer as that release fixed an earlier bug.

If you still see it after a reindex using the latest software: Do a manual index and when it finishes submit a diagnostic. Copy the number that gives you and contact Sonos Support (here works) with the number and they will look into the problem.

Hi Stanley_4,

Thank you for your answer. The songs are now imported but it still does not display the song names correctly, instead “??_??”. Is foreign language currently supported also?

Regards,

Bryan