Question

CBC Radio & Music no longer working after Sonos app after update

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have CBC Radio & Music in my connected services on the Sonos app. After the app update yesterday it stopped working.

• I’ve uninstalled this in my connected services and re-installed it, but that did nothing.
  • I checked another radio station (NRK) and that seems to be working fine. 

This is what the app shows when I select my CBC station to play. After selecting “Play” it just spins. 

76 replies

I too have been experiencing this problem and spent almost an hour on chat and they said they did all they could there and asked me to call the help line on my phone. Clearly not worth the time do that. I will follow the suggestion of emailing the CEO as for me this was the stream I used the most!

Hello CBC and SONOS,

Please address this upgrade failure at your earliest convenience. We aren’t asking for anything unreasonable… only continuation of the service to which we have become accustomed.

A lack of attention is a lack of interest in your Canadian customers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

At this point I find myself wondering why Sonos can't resolve a problem that exists only on the new app. The CBC service still works on the old app and just about every other way Sonos can be accessed. As has been pointed out, Sonos is aware of the problem. What is really going on here?

I have the same issue with myTuner Radio. I get an error message every time I try to use it. 

While I can get the CBC streams on TuneIn, that is a horrible experience. In addition to starting with an advertisement, the sound quality of the streams are notably worse. Please fix the CBC streams.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Wow. Yet another update to the disaster “upgrade” today, and the CBC service still isn't working.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

The Sonos CBC service on the new, much-complained-about Sonos app has now been broken for one week.

IS ANYBODY AT SONOS LISTENING????

It’s working for me ATM. Is it working for anyone else?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

It’s working for me this morning. I’m happy to have it back.

Userlevel 1

The app is working for me but it's hard to figure out which one is my local station. I've had to go back and forth between TuneIn to sort it 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Although I'm happy to be able to play CBC stations from the CBC service today, I can't add them back as favourites in the new app. I had to go back to a device with the old app to add them. Then they showed up as favourites in the new app. Certainly nobody is going to accuse Sonos of making things easy for its customers.

Hey all,

Wanted to let you know I got it working. I went in and fully removed CBC from the app as a service. I then added it back, and it seems to be working.

No radios services working at all since new app. Preffered the previous app, was much more easier to navigate plus this app is very slow. Whilst scrolling down through playlists it'll jump straight back to the top which is very frustrating. As a long time sonos owner, it seems that this app was not really tested before release. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

No radios services working at all since new app. 

Certainly there is a lot to dislike about the new app, but if no radio services at all are working for you there is something happening with your setup that isn't happening with most people. All the radio services I use are currently playing. While CBC was down, TuneIn and myTuner Radio services were working, and still are. Calm Radio was down for a few days but was fixed.  I've read  complaints about problems with Radio Paradise, but it seems to be working for me. If “no” radio services are working for you, consider re-registering your services or perhaps reinstalling the app.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Happy to say CBC is now working on my Sonos app. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

The app is working for me but it's hard to figure out which one is my local station. I've had to go back and forth between TuneIn to sort it 

Do you have CBC downloaded as a Service on your app? This is what I see when I select CBC Radio One 

Userlevel 1

I do but mine doesn't show the cities like above so I had to go through several before finding the right one. The old app did but not the upgrade 

I’m still having issues. The radio stations seem to be working since the last update, but I still can’t add a station to my favourites. They also don’t show up in search, so I can only change stations by navigating to them manually. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m still having issues. The radio stations seem to be working since the last update, but I still can’t add a station to my favourites. They also don’t show up in search, so I can only change stations by navigating to them manually. 

What are you using to access Sonia? iPhone app? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

What are you using to access Sonia? iPhone app? 

Sonos, not Sonia 😉

Can confirm same issues here. Latest iOS app. Search does not work with CBC app and attempting to favourite a station gives me the generic “something went wrong error”. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I have the same CBC search and favourites issues with the new app.

@SaraCG I’m also using the iPhone app (latest version). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

This morning all the favourites I have assigned to CBC Radio live stations stopped working AGAIN in the new app. Removing them and trying to re-add only results in the dreaded “something went wrong” error that I see so often. Yet the stations play from within the CBC Sonos service, just not from favourites. Other avourites are working fine and non-CBC favourites can be added in the new app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

The CBC service remains broken on the new app. CBC radio stations cannot be added as favourites, although they can still be added in the old app and in the third-party SonoPad app on an iPad. The new app lists only CBC Radio One and CBC Music On Air under the Sonos CBC service, while the old app and third-party apps also include and play CBC Music Streams (12 curated music streams). Sonos continues to take away what it offered for years.