Answered

Android playlist issues - goes back to beginning of list

• 28 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Having problems with Android when playing Sonos playlist on S2 app. The playlist goes back to the beginning of the particular playlist rather than the track being played. This does not happen on Apple IOS devices but on Android.

Does anyone have a fix for this this? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 September 2023, 11:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ailesh 

Thanks for your post!

This should depend on how you instruct the speaker to start playing again. If you find the playlist in the Sonos app and tap on it, it would be expected to start playing from the start of the playlist.

If, however, you go to the Now Playing screen when the speaker already has the playlist in it’s queue and just tap Play (or, if you go to the speaker and tap the play button on it), the speaker will continue playing where it left off.

Of course, this does not explain a difference in how Android and iOS operate, so I may have misunderstood something. When you say “the playlist goes back to the beginning of the particular playlist rather than the track being played”, are you pressing Back/Previous when this happens?

I hope this helps.

When I am playing a track on the Sonus S2 app from one of my playlists and I return to that playlist it automotically toggles me to the top of that playlist rather than the paricular track that is currently playing. This didn’t happen on my IOS mobile but, it does on my new Android mobile.  I then have to scroll through my playlist to find the track thats playing. I hope that makes sense?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ailesh 

You are definitely making sense, but again, it depends on how, exactly, you “return to that playlist”. To avoid any further miscommunication or misunderstanding, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team via phone to discuss the steps you take in the app and the behaviour you see as a result. If the two apps (Android/iOS) are behaving differently, you certainly have a point, as we do like to keep them (mostly) functionally consistent.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, I will speak to them whem I’m back from holiday