Answered

Deezer - Won't Play Custom Playlists Or Top Tracks & Service Won't Show

In the new app when attempting to play one of my custom made playlists using Deezer, the music refuses to play. If trying to shuffle the playlist the play symbol will just show the spinning loading wheel.

If attempting to play an individual song within the playlist it just says ‘something went wrong’. It also shows this ‘something went wrong’ error when trying to enter the Deezer service within the Sonos app. Using the old app on my tablet it has a similar issue, saying ‘cannot add song to queue - 701’. Have added a screenshot below of the error message.

You can find artists within Deezer using the Sonos search bar. It will allow you to play artist mixes, but if you try to find artist top tracks, it will show the same ‘something went wrong’ message.

I have already tried deleting Deezer and re-adding the service, and have rebooted my router and reset all my speakers by unplugging and re-plugging in. 

This is a major issue as my Deezer playlists constitute most of my listening on the Sonos system. 

icon

Best answer by Rhaggard 10 July 2024, 14:38

View original

18 replies

Some additional pics of the issue from OP

And the Deezer service in the app

Userlevel 1
Badge

My friend and I have been experiencing the exact same issue with with Deezer with 2 different Sonos systems in 2 different houses (in different cities).

The standalone Deezer app works flawlessly on our phones when playing on headphones etc.

On the Sonos app when we try to open Deezer from the 'Your Services' we immediately get a 'something went wrong' error. Which prevents us to select our created or saved playlists or liked songs. 

If we use the search bar to look up an artist, album, song or playlist it will work and come up with results in Deezer and the other services. We can make a selection this way by selecting view more on Deezer, and then picking an album, song etc. 

If we go on the artist page instead, and try to select top tracks, discography or playlists we get the same 'something went wrong error', but if we try to select Mix or the Similar Artists section, it opens. 

We don't have any other issues with other services (Amazon or Spotify) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Screenshot when selecting Deezer from your services 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Screenshot of when selecting discography from a Deezer artist page

Userlevel 1
Badge

When searching for an artist, navigating to Deezer under your services and selecting view more and the picking an album. This works

I opened a case through chat about this. I still have to call in for live testing 

THIS is ridiculous Im having the issue SOMETHING WENT WRONG everytime I try and open DEEZER. Its my prime use of my Sonos Play1. Been onto the chat bot and no timescale to being fixed? Everyone getting this issue?

Same here..."something went wrong"

Why is there an arrogant attitude of Sonos of not doing anything about it.

Golden rule: when something is not broken don't fix it

I am DUSGUSTED by their lack of response and timescale to the resolution.

I have no use for my SONOS without this as apart from physical copies ALL my muisc is on DEEZER.

My only other solution is to switch to SPOTIFY or Apple music but why should I?

Thought they had a deal with DEEZER.

If I was Deezer management, I wouldnt be happy.

GET THIS SORTED SONOS or I want some refund to your ‘now’ REDUNDANT’ service.

As an update, my Sonos app now appears to be able to open the Deezer service and display artists, playlists etc.

It has also started playing my custom playlists. However, it will play the first few seconds of a song and then skip to the next with no provocation, steadfastly refusing to play a song in it's entirely. Attempting to shuffle the playlist sends it even more haywire..

Appears as though a bodge job fix has been attempted but without success.

Userlevel 1

I have read that some with family accounts are also having an issue. My wife can see and browse on SONOS, but the primary account holder has an issue. This needs to be resolved as stated above. I have done all the things, log in log out reauthorize etc, the only way to use my Deezer account right now is the https://play.sonos.com web site. It takes about 10 seconds to load.

The SONOS app will not display the Deezer content.

Please, SONOS, fix this. I thought Deezer and SONOS were joined at the hip!

Ah, yes I should have clarified at the outset that I am using a family account. 

I have read that some with family accounts are also having an issue. My wife can see and browse on SONOS, but the primary account holder has an issue. This needs to be resolved as stated above. I have done all the things, log in log out reauthorize etc, the only way to use my Deezer account right now is the https://play.sonos.com web site. It takes about 10 seconds to load.

The SONOS app will not display the Deezer content.

Please, SONOS, fix this. I thought Deezer and SONOS were joined at the hip!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Mine is only a single account 

Single account user here as well, with the same issue

Single account here too. Oddly, everything resolved itself on Sunday. 

Update: the issue appears to have been resolved for my app as well. We did it guys! (Hopefully...)

Still happening with me, but only on the favorite tracks (the one correctly ordered newest to oldest added)