Question

Android app permanently steals volume control focus with 'Allow volume control on homescreen' option

• 8 July 2016
  • 3 replies

I have the latest Android Sonos app (v6.3) on my BlackBerry PRIV (Android v6.0.1). When I enable the 'Allow volume control on homescreen' option, the Sonos volume control becomes the default volume that is adjusted when using the hardware volume buttons on the phone - great! But when I close the Sonos app (stop service or kill it completely), the Sonos volume sometimes remains the default volume. I have to start the app/service again and disable the 'Allow volume control on homescreen' option to regain normal volume control.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
-Paul

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yeah. This is super irritating. Music playing in background, try to silence phone? Nope you turn the music down.
Not really. When the app is running, Yes, this is the behaviour I want. But when I close the app, I don't want its volume to be the default. I want the normal volume settings, which in my case is the notification volume. Right now, when I close the Sonos app, its volume remains, which makes the hardware volume buttons useless, since they're controlling a volume that has no media playing.
I don't mean to be funny but that sounds like exactly what that option is supposed to do surely?