Question

Alarm plays chime instead of Sonos radio

• 8 December 2020
  • 1 reply

This is happening more often than not now and seems to be a common issue on here. The chime often plays instead of radio. 

When manually turning on the radio channel there are no issues with it starting.

Diagnostic number is 1767545854.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @jpatel1810.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me see what I can do to help you.

I appreciate your effort in submitting the diagnostic report, and upon checking there was no issue found on your system at the time the diagnostic was triggered.

When a chime plays instead of radio, it is an indication that the time the alarm was set to go off, the speaker was unable to connect to the radio or stream that’s why it automatically plays a chime instead.

This condition is often due to wireless interference, and this article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.

I see that the speaker connects directly to your router’s WiFi network, and it’s currently on WiFi channel 36, try to change the Sonos system’s wireless channel to see if the issue will persist.

NOTE: You need to temporarily wire the speaker (at least one Sonos product ) directly to the router using an ethernet cable.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report shortly when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number so I can review your system further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let me know how that goes.