Question

Zero latency line-in for wired setups

• 30 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I know this topic has been discussed before, but all the topics I could find have been closed for discussion.

I would love for Sonos to add an option to have zero line-in delay in exchange for the inability to route the line-in signal wirelessly to other speakers. This is for music making purposes. Others have mentioned turn tables, in my case it’s keyboards/synths connected to a Sonos Amp.

I love the Sonos Amp, I have it hooked up to my TV, and I love the ability to have it play my Spotify in my living room and other rooms together.

But there is a real use case, for me as well as for others who have posted before me, to use a given Sonos speaker (and in particular the amp) in a wired-only setting with zero latency.  I know I could connect a Sonos connect and a dedicated amp to my living room speakers to get that (and bypass the connect when I need zero latency), but then I’d lose the automatic turn on/off feature of the Sonos Amp for all the times where I just play regular music over it, which I really love.

Just an option to have a zero-latency analog line-in which disables line-in sharing with other Sonos devices. It would be fantastic!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There are already several huge threads on this subject, not sure we need another one. This is one of the more popular one: