Skip to main content

Wish list for connect amp new version and updates

• 24 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi sonos and fellow users,

I’m a Installer for a Audio and video company,

Doing lots of sonos installs.

I have many installs which uses the sonos connect amps with inceiling speakers for multi room audio, which also includes tvs.

I have many clients want Audio from the tv to their inceiling speakers but without having a sound bar, they are trying to keep the wall clean as possible without having a sound bar on it.

Can Sonos introduce a optical in on the connect amp (version 2), and also maybe a external IR sensor kit so when the client uses the original TV remote, it will have the ability to change the volume up/down, almost the combination of the playbar and sonos connect functions rolled into one connect amp. And if it has a optical in (for the tv, and analogue in.. for cd etc) the connect amp will have the ability to have to have two sources run into it. The other feature is default source option, so if your running music from Spotify, etc, soon as the tv is on, it overrides the original source. Many people will say you can use optical to analogue converters, but they can also introduce audio lag.

Is there a option to increase/decrease the volume of the optical input, when select devices, one source to another, may have different output levels, can be annoying when switching between devices (maybe even have some sort of metering on the smart phone to indicate the input signal between sources so it’s easier the make the adjustment)

Last function for all sonos products should be is max volume settings. So you have to go into the settings>room settings> and set the maximum volume of the device, this is so you can protect the speakers and/or so you can’t past a certain volume to interrupt the neighbours etc during parties!
Hello there, Aussie Joe. Thanks for sharing your ideas. The team is always looking for ways to improve the Sonos experience and rely on feedback like yours. I am happy to forward this along to the team for consideration. Thanks again!