Skip to main content

How do you get the wall mounts for the Sonos OneSL speakers to swivel?

Just to clarify, which mounts do you have and where did you get them from?

Hi @Aromajane.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to confirm that the Sonos Wall Mount forsale on our website was designed for versatility, allowing positioning of your speaker upright, horizontally, or upside down for access to the controls. Sonos Wall Mount swivels up to 45 degrees in multiple directions.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Yes, that’s why we bought them but we are unable to move/adjust/swivel them!!!

We have the Sonos wall mount pair (compatible with Sonos One, OneSL £99 bought directly from Sonos. We have a pair of OneSL speakers.

Hi @Aromajane.

Thanks for the immediate response.

Based on further research on the Sonos website, I found that there are some Sonos One Wall mount that does not have this feature available. I would suggest getting in touch with our sales team for a more appropriate solution for your issue as not all Sonos One wall mount have the said feature. What i was referring to is Sonos One, Sonos One SL, and Play 1 wall mount which has this adjustable feature design. 

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always happy to help out.

Thanks,

Yes, this is the one we bought!

If you look, there’s a ball joint between the speaker mount and the wall mount.

This means you should be able to just twist/pull the speaker into the orientation you desire, within the limits of that joint.

Yep, that’s what we thought but it won’t budge and we don’t want to force it & break it! Should it twist easily? 

Try removing the speaker, and unscrew the connection to the wall portion. Then you can apply force to that ball joint without worrying about tearing it from the wall, or breaking the speaker.

I don’t own one, so it’s hard to tell you whether it should be easy or not. I’d be tempted to spray some wd40 on it, but that might make it too loose.

I’d guess it’s just been sitting too long in one position, and once it’s moved, it should work properly. 

Thanks to all who helped, have spent all afternoon chatting on line to the Sonos support team who decided that we had a faulty pair of wall mounts! Replacement ones are on their way 😁👏

Hi @Aromajane.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I’m glad everything was sorted out and a replacement will be on it’s way ASAP. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out and create a new topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi,

Did you get a replacement? I have been trying to work this out myself. There is nothing in the instructions that show how to make it work. I think I have worked it out though. 

The plastic bit the the ball joint sit in (looks a bit like a pyramid) is in two pieces. The the piece the ball joint sits in turns, unlocking the ball joint. It can then be moved and locked back into position.

I think this is how it works, although it seems stupid if Sonos not to have this in the instructions.

Let me know if this is how they are supposed to work 😁.

Cheers.