Skip to main content
I have a Garrard record player working well with a Connect Amp and now wondered whether I could also use an existing Sony Compact Disc digital audio player with the Connect Amp. Line Out has an output level of 2V, 50 kilohms, Load impedance of more than 10 kilohms. Obviously don't want to risk damaging the Connect Amp.
That should be no problem for the connect.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1091/kw/connect%20input%20level
Since you have just one line in on the Connect Amp, you will need some kind of switching device to allow either the TT or the CDP output to be selected for play. Repeated plugging/unplugging can damage the jacks at either end.
Many thanks. I was slightly concerned that a digital input from the CDP into the analogue line-in of the Connect Amp might not work or be a problem.
It will not work; but CDPs always have analog outputs as well. A few, like yours seems to be, are equipped with the digital out in addition, but this cannot be used with any Sonos kit.
Thanks for the guidance. I checked the CDP and it has just one pair (left & right) of line-out connections. So must assume this is digital and will not work with my Sonos player.
A pair of jacks means analog; digital outs are either a square optical jack or a round coaxial jack. Stereo RCA cable between the CDP and Connect Amp should achieve a workable connection. To confirm, google the model number of the CDP.
Again, many thanks. The CDP works fine and without a pre-amp. Also enjoying my old record collection and in particular those records bought in the US back in 1957 which have long been gathering dust. The new Sonos arrangements are essential as my other half is not keen on wired electronics around the lounge.