Skip to main content

I have a client with a macintosh receiver MA6200 and a ELAN preamp controller for six zones with B&W speakers, but he has to walk between rooms when he wants to up / down the volume or change the music, etc.
So he is asking me for a solution that allows him to manipulate volume, source and zone selection from any room of his house, of course he loves his macintouch a nd does not want to change it.
1.-Do you have any ideas on how can I resolve this request wit SONOS AMP or SONOS PORT.
2.- Is there a way to use the same set of speakers for the Macintosh and SONOS AMP, so I can give him the option to use his old system or SONOS.(he said SONOS does not handle the same sound quality)
Thank you in advance

Hi @escabrun,  welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this. You can adjust the volume both on the Sonos app or source that is connected to a Sonos device depending on your preferred sound. Adjusting the bass, treble, balance, or loudness of your Sonos speakers can be done in a few simple steps using the Sonos app. You can connect your Macintosh receiver to the Sonos Amp. You can also see our article on using line-in with Sonos for your reference.

Hope this helps. We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide additional information about this. You may also contact our Sales support for more information. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Lest there be any confusion, you cannot connect both the receiver and the Amp to the same set of speakers simultaneously. It would likely destroy both pieces of equipment.