Answered

Turntable

• 25 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi I want to connect a turntable Project T1 to my system will I need both an amp & port  thanks

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 25 March 2023, 16:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No, you’d need a Port and a non-Sonos preamp (like https://iear.nl/product/pro-ject-phono-box-e/). Or buy a turntable with a built in preamp, Projekt makes those too.

Hi 106Rallye thanks for your reply I have a Project T1phono SB turntable & a sonos port but no sound am I missing the phono box or is it my setup/connections cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi 106Rallye thanks for your reply I have a Project T1phono SB turntable & a sonos port but no sound am I missing the phono box or is it my setup/connections cheers

Possibly because you need a pre-amp, such as that @106rallye suggested? Or, how have you connected your devices?

Hi thanks for replies I will get the amp and take it from there cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi thanks for replies I will get the amp and take it from there cheers

You appreciate that we’re saying a “pre-amp” and not a Sonos “Amp”? 

yes thanks cos a papped myself when a seen the cost of the sonos amp 🤣

Phono pre-amps are mostly well under $100, unless you are going super high end.

On your PORT, make sure that the turntable is connected to PORT’s input terminals. In the dark it’s easy to get them mixed up. Also, make sure that the RCA plugs are fully seated in the input jacks. Some plugs are tightly fitted and users are reluctant to use enough force to fully seat the plugs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Papa Dave From the specs I can find on the SB could already be equipped with a built in preamp. Is there a switch button for line/phono on your turntable? Is it set to line?

Did you read this: https://blog.sonos.com/en-us/listening-to-vinyl-with-sonos