Skip to main content

Just setup a turntable with my Sonos Amp (which Ive had for over a year now).

Running latest S2 FW and App on my iphone and iPad.  Turntable is a Fluance RT82 into ARTDJPREII into the Sonos Amp → B&W Floorstanders…

I have autoplay for line-in turned on and set to the room the amp is in (Lounge).

The Autoplay is working fine.  As soon as the needle drops, it cuts to the line in.  My issue is when the record stops, and I turn it off, line-in retains control.  I understand it won’t go back to what it was doing before from other threads but If I queue up some music on Apple Music at that point and play on the Amp, it will build a queue and play, but the moment I exit the app and come back in, line-in takes over again, stopping the music that was playing, despite the turntable being off and no LP playing.  Its very annoying.

It only seems to happen with the IOS apps (and Lyd the Apple Watch App).  If I use the Mac app, line-in doesn’t take over after exiting and restarting that app.

I like the autoplay feature as I can “just play” LPs without using the app to toggle line-in (great for my wife who doesn’t have the app or phone on her often) so I want to keep it enabled, but if its always going to override the queue and stop music I will disable it.  

Is there a way on the Amp button UI to toggle line-in or is the app the only way to do so?  There is only the Volume +/- and play/pause button on the front, but its also a touch pad, maybe a swipe or something would do it.  Ive never really played around with the buttons on the front.

Hi @buddyrich33, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us with a detailed concern.

Sonos has the capability to remember what was previously played. If you're streaming music, when you re-open the Sonos app, it will show you what was previously working but in your case it is different.

We really appreciate the time and effort you've spent doing all the troubleshooting steps, and it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. 
I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device and perform some tests on the Sonos app to isolate the issue and to provide the best option for you.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.

… which doesn’t actually address the OP’s woes at all.

@buddyrich33 Line-In should not autostart when a controller is simply opened. Perhaps some ground noise is triggering Autoplay. Unplug your turntable temporarily from the preamp and see if the problem recurs. If it’s still there, then unplug the RCA leads from the preamp -- leaving them physically inserted in the Amp so it still thinks there’s a Line-In source -- and repeat.