Answered

speaker setup with soundbar

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I currently have 2x sonos 5s, 2x sonos ones and a sub in my living room. I can only use them to play music at the moment because they are connected to a soundbar or amp. Is it possible to get a Beam gen2 and then connect all the speakers to the tv? So basically the Beam would need to act as a center speaker. I have a fairly large living area (10m x 5m with 4m+ ceilings) so only a beam (or even arc) with 2 rears wouldn’t do the trick. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 15 March 2024, 20:18

View original

4 replies

No, there’s is no setup that lets you use a Sonos soundbar (or any other soundbar) as a center speaker.  Soundbars are by definition the Left, Center, and Right speakers in a single enclosure. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I think Amp needs passive speakers, rather than Sonos’ active ones. It will then drive Front Left and Front Right speakers and create a phantom Centre channel. 

So will I be better off with a Sonos amp rather than soundbar?

Just to lay it out clearly, there is no option other than the Sonos soundbars to have three front speakers. The soundbars include all three in a single enclose, the Sonos Amp requires two passive speakers, and creates a ‘faux’ center channel by sending that data to both right and left.