Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Connect will only work when hard wired with ethernet cable

• 5 January 2018
  • 3 replies

I'm using a Sonos Bridge that is connected to my network via an ethernet cable. My Sonos Connect used to work fine over the SonosWireless(mesh) network, but after a firmware update, the Connect started behaving strangely - I now can't use it unless it's connected via ethernet cable. My other devices (Play 1, Play 3) are working fine over the mesh network. The only way I can get my Connect to work is by having a hard wired ethernet connection in. I have uploaded diagnostic information: 8263225

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
I'm wondering if the others are actually working on mesh or the bridge isn't working right.

Under settings...about my Sonos - what is the WM number beside the Play:1, Play:3 and bridge (Connect for that matter too).
Hello there, Retoxed. Thanks for posting about this and for the diagnostic report. It seems like the wireless card isn't being recognized in the report. Have you tried performing a factory reset on the CONNECT? Afterwards, re-add the device and let us know if you are able to get it working wirelessly again. Thanks!
Yes, I have tried a factory reset... after resetting the Connect, it wouldn't join my environment using the conventional method (button flashing green). I had to unplug the Connect again and power it up again to get it to recognize that I was trying to add it back.... all while using an ethernet connection (hard wired in the network).

Chris: my WM for my Bridge, Play:1, Play:3s are 0.

Thanks!