Answered

Sonos Ceiling & 5.1

• 5 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 13 replies

Hi everyone,

Looking for some help confirming whether I can achieve a setup that might work well, or not!

We recently renovated and I put 4 Sonos ceiling speakers in the open plan kitchen. We have a TV at one end and a corner sofa, and 2 of the 4 ceiling speakers are above and just behind the sofa. 

Can I use 2 of the 4 to make up a 5.1 setup with a sub and soundbar with the TV?

Would there be any issues or trade offs doing this, if it is possible?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 January 2024, 18:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, two of the in-ceiling speakers can be powered by a Sonos Amp and used as surround speakers with a Sonos sound bar and subwoofer to create a home theater setup.

If you want to use the other two in-ceiling speakers, you need to get a separate Sonos Amp to power those.

Badge +1

Ah, right OK so I’d need a second Amp. 

Assume that I could still group the 4 together to play music in the kitchen, which is its main use case. 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 7

Yes, you will be able to group the home theater setup and the second Amp together and play the same music out of all of the speakers at the same time.

Badge +1

Ah brilliant thank you!