Answered

Sonos Amp With 4 Speakers

• 23 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I am renovating my forever home and will have one room for the kitchen, dining area and living room. It is 20 x 28 feet inside. The end with the kitchen cabinets, a large island and the dining table is not a good place for the regular speakers with no good place to set them. 

I had hoped to install a couple ceiling speakers using an Amp to power them. I would also like to use a couple ceiling speakers in the living room (the opposite half of the space) and would like to power them all with one Amp. Is it possible to both adjust the volume of these two sets of speakers separately, as well as adjust the balance on each set?

If there is any way possible to do this please let me know. If there is an alternate way to set them up still allowing the use of the S2 app to control them, it would be ideal. I am wondering if I could use something separate to achieve what I am trying to do as well.

Trying to not buy two Amps to achieve this. I would otherwise likely use one Amp in the kitchen/dining end and a couple of my other Sonos speakers in the living room. An additional $900 is more than I would want to spend.

Jim

icon

Best answer by buzz 23 October 2022, 03:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge

I will be insulating the ceiling with blown in R50 insulation so would want to at least rough-in the speaker wires to where I the speakers would be located. A further question, given the size of the room, what would be an approximate location from the room corners to locate them.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

With one Amp you would be unable to independently control each pair of speakers. The Amp only has one set of speaker terminals.

Using one of these Volume controls for each pair of speakers will allow all three pairs to connect to AMP. Locate each control near the speaker coverage area.