Answered

Sonos Amp + Outdoor TV

• 20 August 2022
  • 1 reply

We’re doing a big backyard renovation and trying to figure out the setup and what I need to have an electrician do.  I have some general questions about using Sonos AMP + Outdoor speakers + TV.

1.  My assumption is that the best setup to get the TV connected is to connect HDMI ARC from TV to Amp, correct?
  2. The TV will only use native apps for TV (YouTube TV, HBO Max, etc).  How easy will it be to switch audio via Siri/Airplay from the TV or vice versa?
  3. Any other considerations I need to have as I begin getting equipment and cables for the electrician?

Thanks in advance for any insight as to what may be needed.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 August 2022, 23:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

1. Yes, it’s best to link the Sonos Amp to the TV’s HDMI-ARC port.
  2. As the Amp is connected to your local home network, you can target the Amp as an Airplay receiver on the same LAN subnet to play from your Apple/iOS/Airplay devices and also register it as an accessory in Apple Home(kit) to use Siri to play music to your Amp, skip tracks, adjust volume etc.
  3. See this link for further information… https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/amp