Skip to main content

Hello all…..I have a pair of B&W bi-wire capable floor speakers and want to know if I can Bi wire them to the Sonos amp? Thanks

Sonos Amp has single posts so no.  

I was afraid of that…...thanks for your response.

If my audiophile days memory serves, only the speakers need dual pair of posts, so, yes.

That said, bi wiring is a psychological effect with the downside of more wires and more of a wire mess, so why bother?

From Wikipedia:

Critics of bi-wiring believe that both ways of making speaker connections are electrically equivalent (assuming no difference in speaker cable resistance), and thus cynically refer to the practice as "buy-wiring", implying it is nothing more than a marketing gimmick for buying more pairs of speaker wires.[4]

My experience over many years tallies with this.

Far more benefit from keeping the cable runs as short as possible and getting cable that has core thickness recommended for the length of the run.

You can get 4-strand speaker wire. Combine into two plugs for the amp connection, and four for the speaker connection. I ran a Linn system that way with QED flat cable, and surprised several sceptical friends when they did blind listening tests - it can make a difference, depending on the kit you’re using. 

Although what follows is a quote on bi-wiring, it could apply to almost every thing that audiophiles do, a very self aware comment:

But after I had done it I could have sworn that everything sounded a little better, seems ridiculous but there it was. My happiness at having everything neat and "just right" made a difference to the sound. Is that all in my head? Who cares?! It made a difference to me. 

True: in the blind listening tests they could hear a difference, or said they could (as could I), but couldn’t really say one was significantly better than the other.