Skip to main content
Question

Q: Network Matrix and PHY errors in web interface? Is it deprecated for older devices as well?

• 23 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Is the Network Matrix nowadays deprecated (ipaddress:1400/support/review)?

I was just curious about that interface and if I can somehow improve my network based on those readings.

Reason:

For the past few days, I’d been having issues with certain music services not showing up on this list for addition. So out of curiosity I looked at the Network Matrix and other info. I was running my 4 x Sonos One + Port in SonosNet and all where showing green. 

Yesterday I then switched to Wi-Fi setup and still all were green later. Music services were not showing on the list. 

This morning the missing music services came back to the list and was able to add Amazon Music. All has been working ok since. Out of curiosity I accessed the Network Matrix again but now it looks odd. There are no colors (just grey boxes), Noise floor is 0, 0, 0, 0 for all. The matrix also shows undefined entries. Those seem to be MAC addresses of the devices shifted slightly. E.g. the Sonos One 48:A6:B8:DC:85:17 shows also as undefined 48:A6:B8:DC:85:18 and same for others. The undefined items now have the grey boxes and the “real” MAC addresses have empty boxes.

I was also looking at the /proc/ath_rincon/status and “PHY errors since last reading/reset”. These seemed to be higher (1123522) for the Port compared to when I was running in SonosNet as far as I remember (about the same amount of time passed for the readings).

Can I deduce anything from that? 

Maybe it is just better ignore those and no need to try to improve the network somehow because everything seems to be working adequately(?)

0 replies

Be the first to reply!