Port - Does Not Recognize Any Devices Plugged Into It

• 5 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello - 

After years of no issues, my Port suddenly stopped broadcasting music in the middle of listening to it today. Port still appears in my system. No issues with interconnectivity. Can still work for all other music channels / sources EXCEPT direct line in. 

I currently have a turntable plugged into it via a pre-amp. RCA’s to from the preamp’s out  to the PORT’s input. 

However Port no longer recognizes when this turntable or any other RCA device is plugged into it. 

It just shows as the LINE AN source as “disconnected” in the app. Any ideas? 

Attempted a reset, that did not work. Support seems stumped as well. I swapped RCA cables and devices. It’s as if the input just suddenly died while I happened to be using it. 

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

There is a switch on Line-In that detects the presence of a plug. If the plug is shorter than expected or not fully inserted, the plug will not be detected.

While I have not experienced this with SONOS, I have had issues with other equipment’s RCA Jack switches intermittently failing to detect the plug. Speculating that the switch contacts have become oxidized, you can wear down the oxide coating by fully seating and removing the plug a few dozen times.

Of course we cannot rule out other hardware failure, but the failure definitely seems related to detecting the switch.

I actually have some DEOxit and gave it a shot (along with a few other plugs). It likely was just bad luck but I am half convinced it could be something else as it occurred right in the middle of a song.  I am unfortunately out of the warranty period, so only being offered a 30% coupon for another unit