Skip to main content

Hi - is there a way to connect a Sonos Port with some sort of Bluetooth transmitter (that in itself can be paired with a high end Bluetooth speaker system in a hot tub that has it’s own device name and needs a pairing code)?

Very frustrating trying to get my whole house Sonos System to connect with this hot tub.  The reason I want it to connect is we have other outdoor Sonos speakers, and we want to use our Sonos library in the hot tub.

Any help appreciated.  The Hot tub does not have any auxiliary input connection capability that I can find. 

Two threads aren’t really necessary. 

Yes, you can connect any device that takes a line level output to the RCA jacks (audio out) on the Port. That is what they’re designed to do, send out an analog signal. In most cases, that goes to an old style stereo receiver, but there’s no reason why it couldn’t go to a Bluetooth transmitter. 

Thanks - 

Any idea why the the pool/spa Bluetooth only see’s ipads or phones but not the transmitter connected to the Port?

The SPA Bluetooth to pair requires a pin code.  Perhaps that is the issue.  By chance do you know of a Bluetooth transmitter capable of pairing with a pin code?

Thanks - 

Any idea why the the pool/spa Bluetooth only see’s ipads or phones but not the transmitter connected to the Port?

‘Possibly’ incompatible bluetooth profile connection between your pool and transmitter devices…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bluetooth_profiles

I would speak with the devices support desks to see if they may have a firmware update you can install, or try another transmitter perhaps.