Skip to main content
I'm not even sure what I'm trying to do is possible. Since I'm asking the question, I obviously haven't been able to make it work. I want to play my turntable connected to my stereo. I have connected an Airport Express to the receiver. I have set the airport up as an extended network. I want my Sonos to recognize that network and play wirelessly. Is this possible?
My suggestion would be to nix the APX. Get a Sonos Connect....https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/connect.html

1. If your turntable is amplified you can plug it directly into the Sonos Connect_Group it to your Sonos speaker(s) of choice to play music through them_if not

2. Hook it up - RCA_Tape Out from the stereo to RCA_Input on the Sonos Connect. Group the Connect with your other Sonos speakers. You may experience a slight audio lag_your stereo speakers vs. your Sonos speakers. However, that may not be an issue if the Sonos speakers are in another room.
AJ...thanks for the quick response. I thought the purpose of having a Sonos is that I don't have to hook it up directly to the music source? My turntable and speaker are in my living room and I want to be able to put the speaker on the other side of the room. Looking at the Sonos Connect, I get the same feeling that I have to plug my turntable into that as well.

I guess I'll look at other solutions. Thanks, again.
.Looking at the Sonos Connect, I get the same feeling that I have to plug my turntable into that as well

That's only if you choose the Option #1. Re-read Option #2...Your turn table remains connected as you have it now.
The key point of Sonos is a wireless speaker system playing content stored locally (PC/Mac Hard drive or Network Attached storage NAS), via internet radio or more lately via external Music Services such as spotify, which require internet access

There is also the ability to play music from CD players, Turntables etc. To do this you need to be connected to SOnos via a Sonos Connect or Play 5. These devices have a Line In facility and once music is playing via line in it can be output to any or all of the Sonos speakers you have on you network.
This is what I'm trying to do. Is it possible to do this with any Sonos?
You're missing the connection between the Airport express and the Sonos. There needs to be something that is pushing the signal in to the analog input on the Sonos device (either a CONNECT or a PLAY:5).

It isn't just a wireless signal. In order to get any signal from your receiver in to the Sonos ecosystem, you have to connect it to an analog input on the Sonos device.
Thanks everyone for all your assistance. It's clear that I wasn't able to do what I wanted with the equipment I have. I even checked with Apple and Home Pod won't do what I want either. Take care!