Answered

Play3 Surround speaker has started to disconnect frequently

• 26 August 2023
  • 5 replies

My system (running on Sonos Net) has been stable for about a year. For no reason, no WLAN changes etc. the r/h stereo pair (Play3 - deats below), keeps ”forgetting” its paired status and no music will play thru it. The L/H speaker works fine, whilst still paired. If I break the pair I can play music thru the individual R/H speaker without needing to reconnect to SonosNet or system. I can even re add the 2 speakers to a steep pair again with no problem. However, overnight the R/H speaker will stop playing in a pair and I have to repeat the same process. It is not dropping network or Sonos net connection overnight. 
I have removed the whole system and reconfigured it all again but same thing keeps happening. 
Also, recent software updates (latest = 15.7) removed my System Name from the config and only retained the speaker products. Had to re enter the System Name multiple times as keeps forgetting this setting. 
Also, when streaming from Spotify, crossfade does not work, tracks cut into each other part way through a song, not even anywhere near the end of the track. 
All very frustrating. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 August 2023, 07:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Sounds like it could be a potential duplicate IP address conflict, but have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it?

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Hello @Airgetlam 

I have checked for IP conflicts and nothing is showing. Using static IP addresses as well. 
issue happened again last night, stereo pair audio stops playing as r/h speaker drops connection to SONOS net. 

still looking for answers. Not managed to link up with Sonos support yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

After you set the static IPs did you power down the Sonos and reboot the router? Without that your Sonos might not have picked up the new addresses.

The IP issues appear to be very transient and so far nobody has reported any evidence of them in their system’s DHCP logs.

If someone wanted to do the work involved in monitoring the network they might be able to get something to show up. I looked at that and it looked to be a lot of work and since mine were at power fail events and updates it wasn’t going to be a good idea to try and force one.

I’ve never seen a standard router that shows IP connections over time, so you’d never be able to ‘see’ duplicate IP addresses. But that’s not the only possibility, which is why I suggested calling Sonos support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The consumer grade routers are really limited, the better Ubiquity and Netgate/pfSense ones as well as others of the same class offer a lot more options but are more complex to use.

You can do packet capture without the fancy router: https://www.wireshark.org/