Answered

Platine pro-ject

• 17 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Bonjour

J’ ai acheté en 2020 via Sonos, une platine disque Pro-Ject Debut Carbon.

Elle fonctionne sur un Play 5 mais je souhaite à présent l'installer sur un ampli MARANTZ.

Le souci est que le son grésille, avec ou sans masse, et que la musique est donc inaudible.

Pourriez-vous m'aider svp ?

Je suppose que cette platine n'est pas uniquement faite pour fonctionner avec un HP Sonos.

Faut-il ajouter un autre élément?

Bien cordialement

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 October 2022, 20:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You’d need to be using a Phono input on the Marantz, if it has one. If your turntable has a switch for Line/Phono, make sure it’s on Phono.

If the Marantz does not have a Phono input, then to use any other input, you’d need either a built in pre-amp (some turntables have them, some don’t), so you’d then want to set that switch, if it is there, to Line.

If there isn’t that switch on this particular turntable, and you don’t have a phono input on the Marantz, then an external pre-amp can be purchased relatively inexpensively. 

Thank you Bruce for your answer (and your good french comprehension)

My MARANTZ SR 5015 has a Phono input, that’s why i cannot understand why it doesn’t work.corectly

The sound is bad with cracklings

It’s been 50 some odd years since I attended L’ecole de garcon” in Louvecienne, I’ll admit to having used Google Translate. My French just isn’t what it used to be when I was 5. :)

My guess is that the turntable does have that switch, and you need to put it back to phono.

Sonos expects a “line level” input, which is why it was fine with your PLAY:5. The phono plugs on your Marantz expect a “phono level” input, which is much smaller in volume. You could just try one of the other inputs that aren’t labeled “phono”, too. 

Hopefully Google translate makes this easier to read for you as well :)

Bonne chance!

I’ll check that Bruce, thanks  a lot; i keep you informed.