New product suggestion - headphones

• 1 November 2017
  • 4 replies

I really enjoy listening to music through my Sonos speakers but it is not always practical to do so (Sometimes others in the house make a lot of noise, sometimes there are collitions over who wants to listen to what - I was enjoying listening to music in the bedroom then my wife wanted to watch tv.)
Also, I live in an apartment so when I want to hear some music at a louder volume, I need to use headphones or do so at a time when teh neighbours are not around.

Having a sonos headset that could be connected just like another set of the speakers would be great - They could appear to the controller the same as any other speaker (except for the name and perhaps add them to a room called "roaming")

Ideally they would be wireless, over-the-ear style, have the same sonos control buttons on the side (Volume, Play/pause/skip), and possibly be noise cancelling. They could operate just the same as any speaker.

For the same sound quality that I am used to with the Sonos range, I would pay between $200 and $300 for a set.

What do others think?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have a SONOS system in my home, including a CONNECT. I have difficulty hearing television at the volume others are listening. Additionally, I cannot clearly hear people speaking on the TV. I am considering the Sennheiser RS185 as a solution. Will this receive digital audio from the SONOS CONNECT and transmit to a wireless headset ? Is the volume independently controlled so I can listen to one volume while the other speakers are set to another volume. Please advise. Thank You.
Hi there, lesterville. Thanks for the detailed feature request! I'll be more than happy to forward this along to the team. We certainly appreciate your feedback.
Just like a silent disco!!?? Excellent idea!
Userlevel 2
With two kids in the house with different taste in music this would be great!