Skip to main content

My first Sonos product was a Playbar which at the time required the Bridge. All subsequent products I’v purchased are Sonos 2 compatible and I want to migrate to that. The list of my products show only the Bridge has a warning that Sonos 1 is required. Am I correct then is concluding that my Playbar no longer needs the Bridge to work with my system and I can disconnect the Bridge. I want to use my Playbar occasionally as part of a whole house group and it seems if the Playbar requires the Bridge that won’t be an option and that will now be a stand alone component.

You are correct that the Bridge is unnecessary and cannot be used with S2.  But you can’t just unplug it and expect your system to work.  There are various ways you could tackle this, but first a question.  Do you have a Sonos speaker close enough to your router to be able to connect it to your router by Ethernet cable?  If you don’t, please temporarily move one of your speakers close enough to be able to do this.  Take the Ethernet cable out of the Bridge and plug it into the speaker instead.  Power off the Bridge.

Wait a couple of minutes to let the system reconfigure.  Can you see and use all your speakers?  If not, power off and on again any speakers that you can’t see.  Please then post back for further guidance.

Thanks! That worked!