Answered

Line in combo adapter

• 3 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to connect and use both line-in and Ethernet at the same time using the combo adapter?

Is it possible, in a multi room system with 4 era 100, to use more line in connections ; for example one connected with the turn table, one with the cd player and one with an internet radio ?

Any help is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 December 2023, 18:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

1. Yes.
  2. Yes, although I’m unsure why you would want to connect a separate ‘internet radio’, when that feature is already built in to Sonos, with the option of using several different radio providers, depending on which the station chooses to use. You can even add your own internet streams, if desired, using the information in setting up an internet radio station FAQ.

Thanks for quick answer.

The main point was the possibility to add several line-ins, the internet radio was just an example. I understand that you can have radio stations streamed to the Sonos.

Thanks again.

Any ‘line level’ audio input should work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

On the CD player, consider ripping your CD collection in a lossless format and adding the files to a NAS or computer that Sonos can play from.

CD’s from a NAS sound exactly as they do from a CD player and are a whole lot more convenient to use. Did mine, sold the CD player and moved the CDs to long-term storage and got rid of the nice but big CD cabinet.