Answered

Different access points

• 25 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone, I want to install a  Sonos system at home, my idea is to install 3 sonos amp, i Will conect them wired to a not gestionable swicht next to my router.

My doubt is related With  the WiFi conexión, i have at home 3 diferent acces points around home same Id and password also in range in the main network, Will the App work, do i have to make am especific configuración of my network.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 26 July 2023, 10:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MAUROLOPEZ 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

There are a few too many typos for me to completely understand your post, but I think I get the gist.

If you are installing three Amps in the same location (in a cupboard, for instance), we recommend you disable WiFi on two of them. The third will transmit a private network for other (wireless and non-portable/non-Era) Sonos devices to connect to instead of to your WiFi network. If you do not plan to add any more devices in the future, however, you can disable WiFi on the third Amp too to reduce the possibility of SonosNet interfering with the WiFi. 

Recommended settings for rack mounted products

Disable or enable Wi-Fi on your Sonos products

As for the Sonos app, it needs to be run on a device on the same subnet as your Sonos system (the first 3 numbers - not digits - of the IP addresses must match). Depending on the specific brand of your WiFi Access Points there may be additional steps to take to optimise the configuration for Sonos, so if you encounter any issues, please come back and let me know the brand of your Access Points.

Please note that any Sonos device connected to a TV via HDMI should not have WiFi disabled if surround sound is wanted, even when connected to ethernet.

I hope this helps.