Skip to main content
So I have a Connect and I have a Pro-Ject Essential III turntable. I have the turntable plugged into the Connect, however I still hear no sound over the rest of my wireless Sonos system.

Any ideas on what the problem is? Should I have bought a ConnectAmp instead?

Thanks
Are you selecting the Line-In source for the other Sonos Rooms? Do this by going to the Now Playing screen for one of your other rooms, then select the Browse menu, select Line-In, select the source, and select Play Now. As an alternative, you can set a default Room for the line-In to play to by going to Settings->Connect->(Connect room name)->Line-In Settings and choosing the Autoplay room.

For more info on line-in usage, see this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080?language=en_US
Thank you! That got me to where I can hear at a very low volume) the music playing through the speakers. I have tried adjusting all of my line in settings (setting 10 - high provides the best output though still very low). The turntable has a pre-amp - does it require me to turn that on (it’s a Pro Ject Essential III)? Any other thoughts on how I can pump up the volume?
Low volume is one sign of the preamp missing. On the Essentials III Phono, the preamp is switched. It is located at position 4 in this photo:

Sorry to interject here, but I was looking around the net at this turntable earlier and I think there are two versions .. one is called Pro-Ject Essential IIl and the other is called the Pro-Ject Essential PIIl ... I assume the 'P' is for Phono or Pre-Amp... I think the first model does not have a pre-amp.

So a Pre-Amp maybe required if you have the Pro-Ject Essential IIl model.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for all of the replies here.

So the Pro Ject Essential III does not have a preamp. Any recommendations on a pre amp I should use to use with my Connect?
So...as an update to the above, I purchased and am attempting to install a Pro-Ject Record Box E to connect my Pro-Ject Essential III turntable to my Sonos Connect.

I have the cables from the turntable going into the “in” ports of the preamp, then the next pair going from the “out” ports of the pre-amp to the “in” ports of the Connect. I also have the “MM” button not pressed (out position).

On my phone, I have the Connect setup as line in /AV. Still, no sound!

What is the deal! Help me!