Skip to main content
Need a little help please trying to get my Connect hooked up to my existing amp so I can stream from the amp through the Connect to other speakers around the house.

I've set up the Connect but I can't get it to recognise a line-in signal from my amp.

I have the amp REC OUT running to the Connect Analogue Audio In but when I play a CD and go to Browse > Line-In there's nothing there.

I have the Connect Analogue Audio Out running to the amp AUX IN and this works perfectly. I can select this room, play Spotify and it plays thorough the speakers attached to the amp. (This suggests I have my Analogue Audio IN/OUT cables around the right way on the back of the connect)

I have tried:

- testing headphone out on the amp to the Connect Analogue Audio In (in case there was an issue with REC OUT signal) - no Line-In

- testing headphone out on iPhone to the Connect Analogue Audio In - no Line-In

- resetting and reconnecting the Connect twice.

- tried different phono cables and proved that the cables are OK

Any suggestions for what else can I do?

Cheers

Mark
Worth saying I've spent quite a while trawling through the forum and Google too looking for solutions with no luck.
Seems like you've tested all of the things I would normally suggest. At this point, I'd be thinking about some sort of hardware failure, so I'd submit a diagnostic on the system, and contact Sonos directly, to see if they can confirm a hardware fault.

It certainly an unusual situation, I don't think I can recall seeing a analog in failure on a CONNECT.
I would agree with Bruce. But what is the line in level set to?
Seems like you've tested all of the things I would normally suggest. At this point, I'd be thinking about some sort of hardware failure, so I'd submit a diagnostic on the system, and contact Sonos directly, to see if they can confirm a hardware fault..

OK, thanks. Will do.

...what is the line in level set to?

Hmmm. Where should I check this John? There's no line-in source showing in Browse or in the Room settings for the Connect.
For anyone else struggling to get this all set up, I found this: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81VfO3EQbbL.pdf

More info than the standard Sonos help and although it didn't help solve my issue, it helped me make sure I had things set up right.
The Line-in source level in the room settings would only show up when there's actually a wire connected to the line in jacks. If there's nothing there, it doesn't show up. I assume what they look for is a resistance change of some kind to show the data. If you have a set of RCA cables connected to the CONNECT, it should show up, whether they're connected to anything on the other end or not. If you have the cables connected, and the line in level settings isn't showing up, then I suspect a hardware issue of some type.
In addition to the RCA plug not being fully seated in the CONNECT's Input jack, some RCA plugs have a very short center pin that will not alert CONNECT to the plug's presence.
In addition to the RCA plug not being fully seated in the CONNECT's Input jack, some RCA plugs have a very short center pin that will not alert CONNECT to the plug's presence.

Thanks, have un/reseated multiple times and they are the Sonos supplied cables so assume pins are long enough.

Sonos support have asked for diagnostics.