Skip to main content
I have just bought a new amp and wanted to use it with connect. I wanted it to do two things. 1) Play sonos through my hi fi. This works fine.

2) Play my vinyl through the amp and the other Sonos speakers. I cannot manage to do this. My Sonos app recognises that there is a line in but does not put any sound out.

Sonos say it is not the Connect as I managed to play my phone through the line in. I have an Arcam SA10 amp. Any ideas? Sonos tell me that I need to troubleshoot with Arcam.
Which output are you using from the Arcam?
The pre amp output which is I think the only one.
I have connected it to the Connect with a coaxial to the input of the Arcam which works fine.
I say works fine. What I mean is it will play the sonos through the amp. Not the other thing which I want it to do which is play the amp through the sonos.
So you are running RCA from per amp out to Connect line in? Select one of your other speakers as your autoplay room (room settings for the Connnect) and see if you get sound out of it as a first step.

Alternatively, wire the turntable to the Connect line-in, set the Connect room as the autoplay room and tick the 'include grouped rooms'. Starting from the Connect, group it with another room and play some vinyl. This assumes turntable has a built in pre-amp,

Please post back with results.
Thanks John. I had success by mother means. I had to change the volume setting on the Room settings to line in from level 2 to level 10. It works fine then. It may be because a phone line in is a weaker signal than a CD or other. The only problem mow is that in the lounge it keeps losing the signal. I think this is a WiFi problem and might be resolved with a Boost it Bridge. Thanks for your help. It is much appreciated.
Try setting compression to Compressed
Thanks I will try that. The turntable is still very quiet in the other rooms.