Skip to main content

I have read (a lot!) on this but could not find specific answer and therefor my question. If it has been, apologies for repeating!

I have just moved to a new build hose which had Sonos Connect:Amp installed, with 2xceiling speakers in 2 different rooms. Currently, cables are connected to the the prongs at the back of the device and all 4 speakers work fine. However, it all plays the same music and there is no way for me to turn one of the room off.

I do not necessarily want to play different music in different room but hoping to be able to connect my TVs in different rooms and be able to listen to whats being played. Can this be achieved without investing another £500 in another connect:amp?

Rp 

To answer your question, no, you can’t have a single Connect:amp, or a Sonos Amp, play different sources in different rooms.  It can only play one audio source at a time.  The amp doesn’t even know that 4 speakers are connected to it, technically.

Also, the Connect:amp is not designed to work with your TV, it’s designed solely for multiroom audio.  That means that audio inputs are delayed slightly before they are played so that other Sonos equipment you may have in the house can play the audio in sync.  So if you connect a TV, the video and audio will be out of sync.

The Sonos amp is different, as it can connect to a TV via it’s HDMI-ARC connection and play it immediately.  But again, only one audio source can play at one time.

Shame after forking out 7 figure for the house, still gotta add for amps :(