Question

Can't play in one room

• 16 November 2016
  • 2 replies

My sonos works perfectly in the bedroom, but it won't connect in the living room. I'm trying to play from my laptop library, but get a message:
error message unable to play 'name of song' the file name of location .m4a cannot be found

In one room it works fine, in the other, nothing.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Playing from same laptop library on one works and other doesn't you have a network issue. How is wifi signal in that room (I assume your running off just got home wifi). Any cordless phone etc near it that could interfere.

You can submit diagnostic and post the diag. Inner here for Sonos to review network (under settings advanced)
Hello nda197, congratulations on your first post, and welcome to our community. As Chris mentioned above, there may be some sort of communication issue on your network, and we’d like you to submit a diagnostic to see if this is the case. Please post the confirmation code that's provided.