Question

Bose 3·2·1® GS home entertainment system with Connect AMP/Connect

• 28 November 2016
  • 3 replies

I have an old Bose 3·2·1® GS home entertainment system and would like to use the speakers with my Play 5. Does anyone know if I can use the speakers that came with this system with a Connect AMP/Connect? My current set-up includes Play 5, using a Boost.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I suspect I was looking at the incorrect user guide (GS series II vs GS) but it makes little difference if, as you asked, you simply wanted to re-use the existing speakers.

If you want to re-use the media center as well then, yes, you could hook a CONNECT to one of its inputs. This would then play in sync with the PLAY:5, so long as the Bose electronics didn't insert any delay into the signal.
You couldn't use those speakers as is. They have proprietary connections via the Acoustimass module.

I don't know whether butchering the Acoustimass interconnect cable would allow you to expose wires suitable for connection to Sonos. It's the all-too-familiar story of proprietary Bose kit....

I hear what you are saying about the propriety Bose kit...but from what I see on my system, there are three possible output connections on the media center ( I think this is what you are calling the "Accousticsmass"), which is how the Bose speakers are connected:

1. Analog ( through the analog right and left jacks)

2. Digital coax (through the digital coax jack); or

3. Digital optical (through the Optical jack)

So my question is, would this work with the Connect AMP or Connect?
You couldn't use those speakers as is. They have proprietary connections via the Acoustimass module.

I don't know whether butchering the Acoustimass interconnect cable would allow you to expose wires suitable for connection to Sonos. It's the all-too-familiar story of proprietary Bose kit....