Question

Best way to connect Marantz PM6006 to Sonos Connect

• 18 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi everybody.

I have a Marantz PM6006 amp that I use with a turntable and a pair of speakers and I bought a Sonos Connect. I want to play the vinyl discs in multiroom, but also play the liquid music on the speakers.

http://m.us.marantz.com/us/mobile/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&SubCatId=&ProductId=PM6006

I understand that the only way to send the audio signal from amp to Connect is using the RECORDER AUDIO OUT with a RCA cable to the ANALOG AUDIO IN

Am I right?

To do the opposite (play the music from Connect to the speakers, through the amp), I have 3 options:

RCA from ANALOG AUDIO OUT

OPTICAL from DIGITAL AUDIO OUT

COAX from DIGITAL AUDIO OUT

Which one is the best choice?

My choice would be COAX, because I expect the DAC of PM6006 performs better than the DAC of Connect.

I would not use optical, to avoid the double conversion: digital-optical-digital

What do you think?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thanks for your replies.

Other than the power cables to the speakers, the amp is connected to the turntable on the Phono input and to a Blu-ray player (that I am mainly using as CD player) on the Optical 1.

I am also thinking to connect the TV to the Optical 2, but still to be decided, because if I do, then I have to turn on the amp everytime I turn on the TV.

It's a Sony KD55-A1, the sound is pretty good at my hears. Most probably the speakers (bookshelf type, placed symmetrically on the sides of the TV) would be better, but it is not, anyway, a home theater.

Its really down to which cable you have lying around.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Coax would be my first choice, optical second and the tape in last - but still pretty good sounding. I couldn’t tell the difference in the three with my old ZP-80s.