Answered

barely any sound from AMP ceiling speakers when paired with Arc

• 20 February 2022
  • 1 reply

I’m fully-committed to Sonos and very happy with the products for the most part. One thing that’s driving me nuts is how little sound comes out of the ceiling speakers when playing music. 

I have Sonos brand ceiling speakers, AMP, Arc, Sub in my living room and when I play music, I can’t hear anything coming from the ceiling speakers. If I unpaid them, the sound is great. 

They’re in Full Mode and cranked up to 15 in settings. 

any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 February 2022, 17:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Seems unusual. I’m assuming they’re working as surround speakers well, when watching the TV? I’d be tempted to flip that switch again from Full to Ambient, then back to Full, just to be sure the setting ‘took’. I’d also be tempted to power cycle the Amp, to force a reload of the software that runs it, on the offhand chance there’s a memory issue. What source are you using for testing?

But if neither of those suggestions work properly, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.