Skip to main content
Answered

Apple Music doesn't play on my new Amp only

System setup:

• Sonos Beam in Family room, connected to TV
  • Sonos Amp in Living Room, connected to pair of Bose 701 speakers

Got a new Amp for Father’s Day, and I set it up and, after the required update, went to play some of my Apple Music playlists through the app…and t every song immediately stops playing. I can play songs using Airplay directly onto the Amp, but not through the app.

However, Apple Music still works through the Beam. And both Amazon Music and Sonos Radio work on the Amp; it’s just Apple Music that won’t work.

10 replies

Not having any issues playing AppleMusic playlists to my Amp with DefTech speakers. I suggest you submit a diagnostic within 10 minutes of the next occurrence and post the reference ID in your next post. Then call Sonos Tech support on Monday to review the results.

Any luck finding a solution?

I’m having the exact same issue. just purchased an amp for an outdoor setup and Apple Music won’t play. Just cycles through songs without playing anything. Apple Music works great on my other devices (arcs). 

Having same isssue.  I have many ports amps and connects.  If i group them together it will work on new amp but not separately 

I’m having the same problem. Bought an amp for outdoor speakers and can’t get Apple Music to work through Sonos. Airplay works and Sonos radio, but I want Apple Music to work. Come on Sonos!! 

Having the same issue with a second Sonos Amp I just setup. The newest amp cycles through the Apple playlist without actually playing anything. The first Amp I installed a few weeks ago is fine.

So I ended up unplugging every Sonos speaker in the house and then plugging them all back in, and that seem to fix it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @LamontJr et al

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issue you’ve been having. We are aware of an issue whereby newly setup players may be unable to play Apple Music. To remedy this, please factory reset the new device and set it up once more - it should then have no issue with playing Apple Music. 

I hope this helps.

I’m know y’all know this, but to pay the premium to get Sonos for me is about ease of use as much as sound quality. Having to do gymnastics just to get things working is not acceptable 

Thanks Everyone. Power cycled the Sonos Amp and Apple Music started behaving normally again. Still laggy compared to using AirPlay, but at least it works!

I’m still having this problem with my Sonos Amp.  I factory reset it twice and power cycled it.  It still won’t play some Apple Music content (in particular, Mantaray by Siouxsie).

I’ve spent a small fortune on Sonos hardware and I’m really struggling with problems recently, including problems like this, where my music won’t play.  Also random dropouts for ~10 seconds and general system instability.  Latency when adjusting volume.  And, just the general UX of the new app is pretty rough.  I’ll reboot again and see if it helps, but I’d love to see some software updates to bring back stability and usability.