Question

ZP90 Stopped Working

• 30 December 2017
  • 9 replies

My ZP90 appears to not be working. The controller can't 'find' it. No lights appear on the Front even though power is connected. At the rear there are flashing yellow and green lights around the input connectors. It is connected to my Home Cinema System and previously worked perfectly. Anybody Help please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
With nonfront lights I would be worried about hardware. I would call Sonos on phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Do you have other Sonos units working?
Is the ZP90 your one and only Sonos product? ... if not, then try resetting it and adding it back to your 'existing' Sonos household

Note, this is the 'last resort' hardware reset procedures for Sonos devices. I have copied the procedure from the support website:

PLAY:1, PLAY:3, PLAY:5 (gen1), CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP and PLAYBAR:
Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
Press and hold the Play/Pause button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
Continue holding the Play/Pause button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
Once reset, the light will flash green indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your 'existing' Sonos household.

A word of caution though if you only have just the one Sonos device...

WARNING ... if the ZP90 is your only Sonos device, you will lose all your previously saved settings, favorites and services etc. and therefore will be starting things over from scratch, as though things were new and setting up the product for the first time.
Thanks Ken. Not only Sonos product and mine is an old ZP90 and so the 'Play/Pause' button is a 'Mute' button. I tried this procedure (using Mute button) and the light on front did flash yellow/white very rapidly but did not stop doing so even after several minutes. So i released and tried procedure again - and now no lights at all on front. Still got flashing yellow and green around the input connectors on rear of device. Any further thoughts welcomed?
Thanks also to Chris - may have to wit till Tuesday to call them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Promising you did get lights on front. Maybe try again. Just plugged in electric don’t plug in router cable right now on back as want to make sure not connecting network.
Here is a link to help explain the flashing lights you were seeing (see Flashing Orange and also Flashing Orange/White):

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/227/related/1

I’m not quite sure, but I would certainly give the hardware reset one more go.
Thanks Chris - but no good. Front is dead as a dodo. Still got flickering yellow/green at rear so something going on in there!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea doesn’t sound good.