Answered

Vinyl on Sonos

• 20 November 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello, I am hoping to connect a turntable to Sonos. I have a playbar and multiple play 1's through out my townhouse. Although it would be nice to play vinyl in all rooms I would be happy to be able play it on my sound bar only. So 1) if I get a turntable with a built-in preamp can I play it directly through the sound bar. And 2) what additional components would I need to play vinyl in all rooms (on my play 1's.). Thank you very much for your time...Mike
icon

Best answer by jgatie 20 November 2018, 19:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You would need a Sonos device with a Line-In; Connect, Connect:Amp ( or its replacement, the Amp), or a Play:5. The Line-In source can then be played on any and all Sonos devices you own.
Would you recommend the Amp or a Play:5? Thank you very much for your time.
Would you recommend the Amp or a Play:5? Thank you very much for your time.

Depends on your needs/budget. The Connect would be the least expensive solution. However the Play:5 will give you a top of the line speaker, too. If you have a pair of passive speakers laying around, choose the Amp.