Question

Using ZP100's both speakers outputs and line out simultaneously

• 10 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

I own a Sonos ZP100 and from what I’ve read it seems that I could use both the speakers ouputs AND the analog line-out (plugged to another amplifier) simultaneously in order to play the same music on both my loudspeakers + my old amplifier.

I think I’ve read that it is also possible to create two different zones (though it isn’t necessary for my current installation):

• Zone 1: loudspeakers outputs
  • Zone 2: analog line-out

Here is what I have done so far:

Line-in is working perfectly fine.

BUT, my problem is:

When I play music with ‘normal’ settings (meaning Line-out level is set to Variable), I only have the sound coming out on my L 500/1 Loudspeakers and nothing coming out on the amplifier/L710 (analog line-out).

When I play music with Line-out level set to Fixed or Pass-through (even if I know that obviously this amplifier isn’t compatible with pass-through) the music only comes out on the Amplifier/L710 and there’s nothing coming out on the L 500/1 / Loudspeakers output.

Is there a way to fix this?

Did I do something wrong?

Is what I’m trying to do possible, or am I wrong trying to play simultaneously music out on the two different outputs (loudspeakers + analog line-out)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

(Just so you know the whole soundsystem: I also have a Sonos Beam + Sonos Move)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Chris To, thank you for reaching us and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for letting us know about your concern and providing the details on your post. Let me help you with this.

First, let me ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. Do all your speakers play music if stream via the Sonos app or using your table?
2. If you remove 1 zone, can you hear the music playing? The same goes for your turntable?

After checking the steps above and you're experiencing the same,  please submit a diagnostic report to further check on this. Let us know the confirmation number.

Let us know how it goes. We'll wait for your reply.

Badge

Hi @Rowena B. , thank you for your reply.

1.A. When I play music from the Sonos app or from the turntable, my Beam + Move play the music normally. If the ZP100’s Line-out level is set to Variable my L500/1 (plugged to the ZP100’s loudspeakers output) play the music normally, but the L710/1 (plugged to the Braun amplifier which is plugged to the ZP100’s analog line-out) won’t play anything.

1.B. When the ZP100’s Line-out level is set to Fixed or Pass-through my L500/1 (plugged to the ZP100’s loudspeakers output) won’t play anything, and the L710/1 (plugged to the Braun amplifier which is plugged to the ZP100’s analog line-out) play the music normally. (the Beam + Move also work properly in this case)

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​2. If I remove 1 zone the same still occurs.

@Rowena B. do you know if playing music through both the ZP100’s analog line-out + the speakers outputs at the same time is possible?

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Chris To, thank you for your response and for answering my questions.

Upon further checking on this, there's a restriction in the connection. You may connect devices to all the available ports on the ZP100 but in terms of playing music, it will only use one zone at a time. Playing music on both zones on the ZP100 will not work at the same time.

We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide their own opinion about this. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Never mind.  

Badge

Never mind.  

@jgatie What you previously wrote is exactly what I was interested about: so it should be possible to play the same music source on both the analog line-out + speakers output?

@Rowena B. I actually only have one zone existing on my ZP100. And I don’t mind it this way, all I’m trying to achieve is having both the speakers directly plugged to the ZP100 + the speakers plugged to the amplifier (which is plugged to the analog line-out) to play music (from the same source) simultaneously.

And I still don’t understand if that’s possible or not. And if it is possible, what sould I do? Is there any specific settings I should be aware of?

Thanks to both of you.