Answered

Turntable question

• 24 August 2020
  • 6 replies

I’m currently waiting for my Arc, Sub3 and One SLs to come in. But also thinking about getting the Amp or port to listen to vinyl as well. Maybe a dumb question, but say I have my Arc, Sub, and One SLs in my family room and my turntable downstairs plugged into an Amp or Port. Can I connect via wi-fi and listen to my turntable through Arc/Sub setup upstairs?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 August 2020, 05:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yes, each would be a separate ‘room’ in the Sonos software. You can always group rooms. 

Great, thanks for clarifying!

What are the steps to plug my new turntable into my Play 5 speaker?

What do I have to do to add my new Move speaker to my Sonos network of speakers?

Step 1. Ensure the turntable has a pre-amp to get the output from phono level to line level.

Step 2. Connect an RCA to 3.5 mm cable between the turntable (or pre-amp) and the PLAY:5

Step 3. Follow the instructions in the turntable FAQ.

On the completely unrelated question, just set up the Move on your Sonos system using the normal ‘add a device’ function in the controller, just like adding any other speaker. 

Badge

Step 1. Ensure the turntable has a pre-amp to get the output from phono level to line level.

Step 2. Connect an RCA to 3.5 mm cable between the turntable (or pre-amp) and the PLAY:5

Step 3. Follow the instructions in the turntable FAQ.

On the completely unrelated question, just set up the Move on your Sonos system using the normal ‘add a device’ function in the controller, just like adding any other speaker. 

Thank you. Very helpful for me. I luckily have a turntable with preamp and these got worked.